Just a quick note to highlight the nine brave individuals who have agreed to join the first review panel for the Knight-Mozilla innovation challenges:
- Amanda Hickman, Program Director at DocumentCloud
- Nathaniel James, Mozilla News Technology Program Manager
- Jenny 8. Lee, Journalist and Author
- Amanda Michel, Director of Distributed Reporting at ProPublica
- Hong Qu, User Experience expert
- Eric Schoenborn, Online Community Manager at the Knight Foundation
- Mark Surman, Executive Director at Mozilla
- Sascha Venohr, Development Editor at Zeit Online
- Jose Zamora, Journalism Associate at Knight Foundation
These folks have signed-up for the mostly thankless (but, hopefully fun!) task of reviewing all of the submissions that are received throughout the submission period (roughly April 25th to early June).
Getting your ideas in front of these folks is just one of the incentives to get involved.
Want more incentive? Check back later this week.
Update: Forgot to mention that we were pretty chuffed to see that no less than three of the reviewers took part in Reynolds Journalism Institute’s Hardly Strictly Young event this week. Ideas are these people’s passion.